Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Heart of It All


What after all is the heart of being a Christian?  In the past 25 years many new translations of the Bible have been introduced. After that the Study Bibles came.  Will another translation or another Study Bible really bring us closer to Jesus?  Add to all the Bible options a lot of Christian practices, programs and activities. The flurry of activity can cloud rather than aid the discovery of Christ. They can also make you really tired.  The secret is to have one focus

The Jews have their Shema:  “Hear O Israel, the Lord our God is one Lord.”

In the New Testament, we have Jesus is Lord,

Does Jesus Christ have a solid claim to a place in our lives? He created us and placed us in a beautiful world. He redeemed us from the pain and brokenness of our separation from Himself. Therefore God has the right to claim the place of Lord in and over our lives. Our Christian activities, our Christian events, our Christian programs and our Christian systems, these are not Lord of our lives.  Jesus is the Lord of all.

My personal goal is to remain connected to Him, to hear from Him and respond in life based on what He has said to me.  In the belief, trust and confidence from what God has spoken to me, I move forward. What God shows me will always line up with His promises. Jesus Christ made me, He loves me and He is with me. Any other thought is a lie from the enemy.

Jesus is the one Lord, and He is our one love.

Philippians 1:1-11; Colossians 1:15-29; Deuteronomy 6

PS: I did just get a new Study Bible, a gift from a friend, and I really like it.  

3 comments:

  1. I like to remember that God knows what concerns me more than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have concluded that life is too short not to lead people to Christ. I agree that Jesus is the one Lord, and He is our one love.

    ReplyDelete